This sweet potato dip is a great snack or served as a side to a meal. It's definitely worth the little bit of extra effort compared to a classic hummus to roast the sweet potatoes and then mash with the chickpeas but it's really worth it to make up a big batch and it's one of my most popular with my friends.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Total Time 50minutes
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup good quality vegetable stock or water
- 1 bunch of parlsey, finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon
- Heat your oven to 180C.
- Toss your sweet potato cubes in oil, paprika, cinnamon and sea salt before spreading evenly over a large baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 25minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is roasted, place in a large saucepan on a low heat with the chickpeas, garlic and liquid. Leave to simmer for 20minutes.
- Once the chickpeas are soft and the sweet potato has started to break down, mash together with the parsley and a generous squeeze of lemon.
- Serve hot or cold.