Like most of my friends I have little pots of hummus littering my fridge, I prefer to make my own and seeing as I eat it so often I give each batch a little twist. Turmeric is my current favourite because of it's amazingly anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties. It's flavour develops with time so if you're going to keep it to enjoy later use a little less turmeric than if you're going to enjoy it all immediately.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Total Time 5minutes
- 240grams cooked chickpeas, a 400gram tin, drained
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- juice of a lemon
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender and blitz until smooth.
- The turmeric flavour does develop and strengthen with time so I would advise adding 1/2 a teaspoon if you are not going to eat all the hummus immediately.
- Store in a glass jar as turmeric can stain plastic containers.