Antonia x Gallinée: Carrot Miso Soup
This is a simple, nourishing soup, with a fairly short list of ingredients and no real need to dress it up it’s perfect for spring lunches or a solo supper. Sweet and salty in good proportions it turns humble carrots into the main event and has bright, zippy flavours from the ginger and miso.
Antonia x Gallinée
Free from gluten and dairy. Vegan.
Serves 2 large bowls, 3 -4 smaller portions
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 large white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 400 – 500grams carrots, peeled and chopped
- 500ml light vegetable stock
- ½ can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of white miso
- Optional – a splash of tamari once cooked
- Heat a large splash of oil in a non-stick, heavy bottomed pan.
- Gently and slowly cook the onion, for around 20 minutes until soft and sweet.
- Once the onion is translucent add the garlic and ginger, stirring and allowing to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots, give all the ingrients a good stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to boil before simmering for 15 - 20minutes until the carrots are soft but still maintain shape.
- Blitz until smooth in a high- powered blender or with a hand blender.
- Stir through the white miso while hot but not boiling.
- Serve with a chunky slice of sourdough, coriander and sesame seeds.
P.s. If you are looking for a gluten free sourdough I cannot recommend Beyond Breads selection more.