I don’t like to pretend that frozen bananas will ever taste the same as ice cream, and this sauce also works deliciously decadently over ice cream. However for those who don’t want a lot of dairy I like the chunky muddle of frozen bananas and this warm moreish sauce.
Antonia x Gallinée
Gluten free, vegan.
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 bananas
- 50grams dates, pitted and chopped
- 125ml almond milk (or regular milk)
- 100grams dark chocolate, chopped
- hazelnuts to serve
- In advance, peel and chop the bananas placing the pieces into the freezer. Minimum for 2 hours or store some in the freezer as needed.
- To make the sauce place the dates and milk into a food processor and blend together until smooth.
- Pour the mix into a saucepan and add the chocolate melting everything together. Stir regularly until the chocolate is thoroughly melted for 4 -6 minutes but be careful that it doesn’t solidify. If this happens whisk in a little more milk.
- Serve warm ontop of your bananas and top with chopped hazelnuts.