The perfect canapé, snazzy and pretty enough to impress but simple to assemble and enjoy. Perfect for festive drink or dinner parties and ridiculously easy to make. Drizzle the honey on at the last minute otherwise the rest can be prepared shortly before serving.
From a creative stand point radicchio is lovely; bright, delicate and beautiful as vegetables go. From a nutritional stand point it is also fantastic. The slightly bitter taste stimulates digestion and the fibre rich properties of the plant act to support the digestive tract's beneficial bacteria. Making it a great component of a large meal to help support digestion or during the festive season to
Antonia x Gallinée
Free from gluten.
Serves 6 as a canapé.
Time 20 minutes
- 1 radicchio head
- 2 small pears
- 3 figs
- 50grams of crumbly goats cheese
- a drizzle of honey, choose a delicate tasting honey rather than a heavier cooking option
- Wash the radicchio and allow to dry, separating the leaves from the core. Rip the bigger leaves in half to form half cups.
- Peel, core and finely slice the pear, remember with a canapé that you don't want it to be much bigger than a mouthful, so be sure not to make the slices too large. Think a little bigger than a matchstick.
- Wash and finely chop the figs, again being sure not to make them too large.
- Crumble the goats cheese and mix with the fig and pear, spooning into the leaves letting them act as cups.
- Drizzle with a small amount of honey before serving.