Pumpkin seeds are packed full of essential minerals and fatty acids making them a very nutritious and energizing snack – this recipe is so quick to make and great to make a big batch and nibble on the go. Containing high levels of zinc, pumpkin seeds help support the immune system whilst their Omega 3 reduces inflammation as do the cleansing ginger and lemon zest.
Next time you make anything with pumpkins scoop out the seeds, clean, boil in salted water for roughly 10 minutes and drain before patting dry and toasting to really make the most of all the pumpkin.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/ 390F.
- Combine the pumpkin seeds with the ginger, lemon zest, olive oil and sea salt and lay over a lined baking tray.
- Place in the oven for about 7 minutes making sure to shake regularly.
- Add the coconut flakes a few minutes before removing from the oven.
- Store in an airtight container to keep the seeds fresh.