I think it's from my Mum that I have penchant for popcorn who would make big buttery vats on a regular basis. This is a quintessential "healthy interpretation" of an American pudding and while I try not to make replications, this is too good to miss. Incredibly easy to make you could also freeze the chocolate-y nutty ice cream once you've blended the mix so you can enjoy it anytime. Give it a little time to soften once you've taken it out of the freezer before enjoying out of the tub.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Prep Time 5minutes, Total Time 2hours
- 3 bananas
- 3 tablespoons nut butter, I like peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- pinch of sea salt
Toppings - coconut cream, sliced banana, cacao nibs, pomegranate seeds, salted popcorn
- Peel the bananas and slice into chunks, place in the freezer for 2 hours or until you want to use them.
- Place the frozen banana chunks, coconut milk, nut butter and pinch of salt in a food processor or blender. Blitz until smooth. Don't worry if the frozen banana takes a few minutes to thaw and break down.
- Once smooth complete your sundae with toppings and layer as desired.