Something about making chocolate is oddly satisfying, maybe it's licking the bowl....
My favourite topping with these healthy chocolates is buckwheat for it's crunchiness.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Prep Time 10minutes, Total Time 2 hours
Makes 12 lollies
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter ( a small 2 inch chunk roughly)
- pinch of sea salt
Suggested toppings - chia seeds, cacao nibs, dried berries, buckwheat, coconut, crushed pistachios
- Mix the cacao powder and maple syrup until they form a smooth paste.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil and cacao butter on a low heat.
- Once warm, start whisking the cacao powder and maple syrup through the mix ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add a pinch of sea salt before pouring all the ingredients into your moulds.
- Finish with a sprinkling of your favourite toppings.
- Set in the fridge for 2 hours before eating and store in the fridge.
Notes - you will need a lollipop mould for this recipe.