In my family we have a tendency to get in a breakfast rut. Chia pots were on the daily menu for a good couple of months, but we mixed them up with daily different toppings of stewed fruit depending what was available seasonally. With these little pots I've topped with stewed rhubarb and raspberries but you could alter depending with what you had to hand, in the autumn I like to stew pears and apples with cinnamon to top the chia pots with. Or make big batches of your favourite stewed fruits and freeze in individual portions.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Prep Time 5 minutes
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup almond milk (unsweetned)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- First combine the coconut water, almond milk and vanilla essence giving them a stir before whisking in the chia seeds.
- Divide the mixture between two pots or glasses and place in fridge (its best to give it a bit of a stir after about 10 minutes so all the seeds don’t sink tothe bottom).
- Leave to set in the fridge from 2 hours to overnight, and serve with your stewed fruit.