Juicily refreshing this salsa is a far cry from the sad jars you see in the supermarket. Fresh and easy this chunky sauce livens up a simple grilled fish, crudite platter or just a great side to an outdoor picnic, scooping it up in little gem cups for a simple summer snack.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Total Time 10minutes
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, stems and leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- optional - 1/2 red chili, finely chopped
- Peel and cur your grapefruit into segments, remove the bitter pith and cut between the membranes to release the grapefruit juices.
- Peel the avocado, removing the stone and dice into small pieces.
- Mix together the grapefruit, avocado pieces, herbs, oil and sea salt, top with chili if using and any further sliced spring onions.
- Serve in little gem cups.