If, like me, you have seen these knobbly little tubars at farmers markets and wondered what do to with them this dressing is a fresh zingy addition to your fridge and salads. Turmeric is potently anti-inflammatory with a host of health benefits. Usually dried and ground into a spice the whole plants are becoming more widely available and add spice and warmth to dishes. Toss through steamed veg, drizzle on salad or noodles.
I would advise wearing gloves and being careful not to let turmeric sit on pale surfaces as it has a tendency to stain.
Free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar. Vegan.
Total Time 5minutes
- 1 knob of fresh turmeric, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or good quality rapeseed oil
- Grate the turmeric, no need to peel, with a fine grater like a microplane.
- Mix the turmeric with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Store in an air-tight jar.