A traditional Italian dessert originating from Sicily, granita is similar to a sorbet yet has a coarser texture. Italians eat theirs anytime of the day and often like it with a strong shot of coffee, in Florence it was served as a shot after supper, as an after dinner treat – it’s a perfect way to refresh the palate.
Free from gluten, dairy and sugar. Raw and vegan.
Prep Time 5 minutes, up to 2 hours to freeze
- 2 grapefruits
- 6 blood oranges
- a pinch of fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- Slice your oranges and grapefruits in half and over a large bowl and dig out the flesh and juice from between the membranes of segments.
- Place in a freezable container and place in freezer for 2 hours onwards.
- Remove the container roughly 5 minutes before you want to serve and use a fork to separate the granules.
- Serve with a sprinkling of pink salt.