I love chunky monkey, it's the best flavour of ice cream in my humble opinion, so I wanted to try and create a slightly healthier version. The salted almonds really give the ice cream an extra kick and flavour depth, so I would definitely make the little extra effort to make them.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Prep Time 10minutes, Total Time 2 1/2 hours
- 4 ripe bananas
- 118ml almond milk
- 50grams cacao nibs
- 25grams flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- a large pinch of sea salt
- Slice the bananas into discs and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until you need them.
- Combine the frozen banana pieces and almond milk in the food processor and blitz until smooth, don't worry if the frozen banana takes a few minutes to thaw and break down.
- Fold in the cacao nibs and enjoy immediately.
- In a small non-stick pan toast the flaked almonds for a few minutes, take off the heat and add the maple syrup and sea salt.
- Stir throughly so all the almonds are coated.
- Allow to cook before sprinkling over the ice cream.