Back when I first started making these the idea of using avocados in puddings was fairly revolutionary, but now avocados have slightly overtaken the healthy eating scene. I do however stand by this pudding as a great dinner party dessert and it's super easy to make in advance.
Free from gluten, dairy and Vegan.
Total Time 10minutes
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 ripe avocaodes
- 3/4 cup raw cacao
- zest of 2 large oranges
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Place the dates, maple syrup, orange zest and scoopings from the inside of the vanilla pod into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado flesh and cacao powder and whiz in the food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the fresh orange juice splash by splash until you have the consistency you want.
- Serve sprinkled with a little orange zest.
Note - Will save in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for 2 weeks.